|Art Institute of Chicago, 1890|
The Chicago Club was organized in 1869 as an outgrowth of the old Dearborn Club, which was located on Michigan Avenue near Jackson Street. The first club house of the Chicago Club was situated at the corner of Wabash Avenue and Eldridge Court. It was destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire on 1871. The present building was erected shortly afterward.
|Chicago Club, 1906|
|Chicago Club stairway around 1892.|
This building remained the clubhouse until 1929, when it collapsed during remodelling.
Compiled by Neil Gale, Ph.D.