THE FAMOUS CPS BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
1 cup = (2 sticks OR ½ lb) unsalted softened room temperature butter
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
4 teaspoons sugar (for direction #6)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
3) Mix in vanilla extract.
4) Mix in flour gradually.
5) Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on a non-greased cookie sheet.
6) Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
7) To get the ridges: With one hand, spread your fingers out place it on the raw cookie dough, and bring your fingers together. Repeat for each cookie.
8) Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.)
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Suggestion: Double the recipe - you'll knock down 24 cookies easily with 2 big glasses of milk.
These recipes are the ORIGINAL. The people that say they do not taste the same, have taste memory issues, or adjusted the recipe. I've heard from well over 100 people raving about their memories of eating these exact cookies!
CPS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
2½ cups = (5 sticks OR 1 and 1/4 lbs.) unsalted softened room temperature butter
2½ cups granulated sugar
1¾ cups brown sugar, packed
1 pound peanut butter
5½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1) Heat oven to 375°F.
2) In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add both sugars and mix until no granules remain about 5 minutes. Add peanut butter and mix until combined. Add eggs; continue to beat on high speed for 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until well-blended.
4) Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto greased baking sheets. Flatten dough with the palm of your hand to form 3-inch circles that are ¼ inch thick.
5) Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Makes about 9 dozen cookies.