|The Blackhawk Restaurant's Famous Spinning Bowl Salad by Otto Roth served tableside. Before Don Roth made the salad from scratch in front of the diners.|
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 5 tablespoon of water — (5 to 6)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot mustard
- 8 cups torn salad greens (romaine)
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl until smooth.
- Beat in water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is pourable.
- Set aside.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup oil in a blender and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds.
- Increase speed to high and add remaining oil in a slow, steady stream, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the container.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, chives, Worcestershire, salt, paprika, garlic, white pepper, and mustard and blend until smooth.
- Combine salad greens in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped egg and seasoned salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Add 2/3 tablespoon cheese mixture and toss again.
ONLY TOSS SALAD THREE TIMES, NO MORE!The remaining dressing and cheese mixture can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
SOURCE OF RECIPE
Otto Roth's Blackhawk Restaurant, Chicago, Illinois.