|The drawing depicts Myrick's operation in the mid-1840s.|
In 1854 John B. Sherman bought it and expanded the operation. All the local stockyards were eventually acquired by Sherman and consolidated to form the massive Union Stockyards in 1865.
Myrick Avenue, now Vernon avenue, was named after Willard F. Myrick. Myrick is buried in the Oak Woods Cemetery, Chicago.
Compiled by Neil Gale, Ph.D.