Kranz moved the Confectionery to 126-30 State Street in 1881. Very little changed until the building was remodeled in the mid-1880s by architects Adler & Sullivan. Electric fixtures replaced the Gaslights. Kranz opened a second location at 78-80 State Street, Chicago.
Although only pastries, ice cream, candies, and beverages were served, Mr. Kranz's fame continued over the years as he continually introduced the very latest creations made by highly specialized candy artists from Europe.
Compiled by Dr. Neil Gale, Ph.D.
Post a Comment
The Digital Research Library of Illinois History Journal™ is RATED PG-13. Please comment accordingly. Advertisements, spammers and scammers will be removed.