Highland Park’s oldest standing structure is located in Laurel Park between the Library and City Hall. The cabin, built in 1848, was given to the people of Highland Park as a Centennial gift in 1968 by Exmoor Country Club. The Historical Society moved, restored and furnished the cabin in the 1850s period.
This log cabin was built in 1848 by the Stupey Family, who received the Exmoor property as a government grant of 160 acres of virgin timber land. The building is made of hand-hewn logs from trees felled in clearing the land for farming. The cabin originally stood on the site of the Baker cottage. It was used as the Stupey home until about 1875 and then as a farm building until 1896. It was rebuilt in 1910 and used as the golf shop and was enlarged and removed to its present location in 1922 to serve as the caddy house.