|Zephyr Cafe & Ice Cream Parlor, Chicago, Illinois. (1985)|
In 1976 he started Zephyr, a Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor at 1777 W Wilson Avenue on the Southeast corner of Wilson and Ravenswood Avenues, in an area considered off the beaten path, in the old Pickard Building. Customers somehow found Zephyr and came in droves. So much so that often lines formed down the block on spring, summer, and fall evenings.
After 30 years in business, Zephyr closed permanently in 2006 because of a lease dispute with the landlord.
|The Zephyr location is now O'Shaughnessy's Public House.|