The Village of East Wenona was a village in Osage Township, LaSalle County, Illinois. East Winona was located on the eastern border of the city of Wenona (Wenona was incorporated in 1859) which is in Marshall County.
The village was incorporated on May 7, 1908. Wenona had a population of 367 in 1910 and 333 in 1920. The post office address was in Wenona. Between 1925 and 1927 the village of East Wenona was annexed by Wenona.
Compiled by Dr. Neil Gale, Ph.D.
Post a Comment
The Digital Research Library of Illinois History Journal™ is RATED PG-13. Please comment accordingly. Advertisements, spammers and scammers will be removed.