Glen Oak (Amusement) Park, Peoria, Illinois. (1895-????)
Work began in April of 1895 on Glen Oak Amusement Park. It was dedicated just four months later with an estimated 30,000 people in attendance.
Ground was broken along Prospect Heights (later to become Grand View Drive and listed on the National Historic Register in 1996) for a new ride. The miniature railroad opened at Glen Oak Park. More than 2,500 public school children attended the first Field Day held in 1897. The park had a total of seven kiddie rides, a miniature railroad, a petting zoo, picnic area, and concession stands.