The Old Baptist Church on the corner of 3rd and Main Streets in Kewanee, Illinois.
This congregation was organized at Wethersfield, and on May 9, 1856, it was decided by a vote of its members to move their place of holding services to Kewanee. There were at that time over 100 members. They worshipped for some time in different halls, and in some of the other local churches.
On Dec. 21, 1865, a building committee was appointed, and steps taken toward the erection of a suitable church building. This was completed and occupied on July 7, 1867, and the cost, including the property, was over $8,000. The church building does not exist any longer. Compiled by Neil Gale, Ph.D.