The Elizabeth M. Cudahy Memorial Library is the main library of Loyola University Chicago, and houses the university's fine arts, humanities, science and social sciences collections as well as the University Archives and government document depository collections.
The Cudahy physical collections comprise more than 900,000 volumes and 3,200 periodical subscriptions.
Dedicated on June 8, 1930, the Library was designed by Architect Andrew N. Rebori of the architectural firm of Rebori, Wentworth, Dewey and McCormick.
In contrast to the classical style of other buildings on the Loyola University Chicago Lake Shore campus, Rebori designed an Art Deco building. The library is constructed of concrete and structural steel with an exterior of limestone. The interior walls consist of Mankato stone.