|Chicago City Hall and Cook County Courthouse at LaSalle and Washington Streets with the County Wings just added in 1870.|
|One of the urn-like finial capstones of the new wings was removed by a wealthy souvenir collector named Seth Wadhams. The capstone now is displayed in the southwest corner of Wilder Park in suburban Elmhurst, Illinois.|
Compiled by Neil Gale, Ph.D.
Post a Comment
The Digital Research Library of Illinois History Journal™ is RATED PG-13. Please comment accordingly. Advertisements, spammers and scammers will be removed.