CPS Butter Cookie Recipe
1 cup = (2 sticks OR ½ lb) softened butter
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
4 teaspoons sugar (for direction #6)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
3) Mix in vanilla extract.
4) Mix in flour gradually.
5) Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on an non-greased cookie sheets.
6) Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
7) To get the ridges: With one hand, spread your fingers out place it on the raw cookie dough and bring your fingers together. Repeat for each cookie.
8) Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.)
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Suggestion: Double the recipe - you'll knock down 24 cookies with 2 glasses of milk.
CPS Peanut Butter Cookies
2½ cups = (5 sticks OR 1 and 1/4 lbs.) softened butter
2½ cups granulated sugar
1¾ cups brown sugar, packed
1 pound peanut butter
5½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1) Heat oven to 375°F.
2) In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add both sugars and mix until no granules remain, about 5 minutes. Add peanut butter and mix until combined. Add eggs; continue to beat on high speed for 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until well-blended.
4) Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto greased baking sheets. Flatten dough with palm of hand to form 3-inch circles that are ¼ inch thick.
5) Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Makes about 9 dozen cookies.