|Chicago’s first train depot at Canal and Kinzie, The Galena & Chicago Union Railway Station, Chicago. (1855) Although the Galena & Chicago Union won the distinction of being the first railroad to turn a wheel in Cook Countyand Chicago.|
|The “Pioneer.” Light Passenger Locomotive, 1851.|
Today, the G&CU's main line between Chicago and West Chicago is a busy commuter service, jointly operated by Union Pacific and Metra as the Union Pacific / West Line.
Compiled by Neil Gale, Ph.D.
Post a Comment
The Digital Research Library of Illinois History Journal™ is RATED PG-13. Please comment accordingly. Advertisements, spammers and scammers will be removed.