Cable Court from Lake Park Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. (circa 1950)
Cable Court (5622S 1500W) a private street, from Lake Park Avenue looking west.
The picture was taken circa 1950. The Hyde Park turnaround, which ran on a separate cable, was at Cable Court (named in honor of Ramson R. Cable, President of the Rock Island R.R. in 1857). Cable Court ran between 56th and 57th Streets. When the cable car system was abandoned the street was used for a turnaround for trolly buses. During an Urban Renewal project shortly after this photo was taken the street was reclaimed for buildings.